Friday, October 22, 2010

Sad Jack


There was a man named
Sad sack Jack
When he walked his feet clacked
He said "I don't like my shoes they leave a track"

He didn't like anyone
Pftf! this one is short
Pftt! this one is stupid
Pftt! this one is poor

He didn't like anything
blue
true
flue


Sad sack, sad Jack, chicken Jack quacked
Quacked quacked quacked

Ooo he said, I am so rich. How to count my gold, quack?
Ooo he said, my house is so big. How to keep it clean, quack?
Ooo he said, I am so pretty. How to let anyone kiss, quack?

Sad Jack, sad sack, sour faced Jack
Jack Jack Jack

Never thanked his kind valet
Never cleaned his blond toupee
Never shared toys nor smiled a day
Until that doomsday!

And

An elephant trampled his wall
O zut!
He lost his gold
O zut!
His house all burnt black
O zut!
His face fire engine red
O zut!
His head flat
A railhead
He was beguiled, beguiiiiiled 
A delirious child!

Then

Sad Jack, silly Jack never ever stopped
Could Not stop
To smile and fart and smiiiiile and faaaart 
quack quack 


(O zut alors!!!)



IllustrationandChildren'spoemSadSackJack©2010BabetteandFriends

No comments:

Post a Comment